C K Williams Is My Hero

C K Williams writes perfectly. He has wonderful emotional insight, strong imagery and isn't afraid to try new things. I think he is amazing and would love to meet him. I hope you like him too.

This is a Sin

right off we started inflicting history
on each other day after day first thing this
is historical and we gave movies and sad poems
and obviously newspapers and a little less
valentines and sometimes it got right
up against us and into us we would squeeze
it out like a worm it would come back
by itself through the pancreas through
the eye or womb and with great tenderness
on the faces of wives and babies we
would reinflict it until there was
such beauty it was unbearable because
it was too much history too much suffering
and also birds suffering their leaps
from branches dogs
lifting their dark mouths the paths
of mantises cows plopping were we afraid
of what would be left of us? somtimes
a person was erased entirely
and children dead of shame stuck
upright in the snow like pipes the wind
screaming over them or I would forget
you darling your breasts the wind
over them our lips
moving darling the child the wind breasts
our lips over them


Yes so it is beautiful. And yes I am the one on this blog who throws in a moment of melancholy reality between the fun. But don't get me wrong, I love fun, but life isn't all one big knees up....

No comments: