I Was A King














Spotify Link - I Was A King – I Was A King
Myspace - http://www.myspace.com/iwasaking 



Having only been in existence for a few years, Norwegian group I Was a King has quickly gained recognition from the media, musicians, and fans alike. Front man Frode Strømstad has been said to have a unique gift of creating addictive melodies that hold distinctive roots to the 60's, distorted through a 90's indie scene filter.

In 2007, I Was A King released their debut, Losing Something Good for Something Better. It was labeled "Royally brilliant" and given 8 out of 10 by NME. The Independent, and The Sunday Times gave equally flattering praise and The Guardian said, " Norwegian wunderkind Strømstad takes ol' lankhair's ramshackle rock and squeezes it through a dreampop filter...If Alan McGee hadn't wound down Creation, this lot would have been first in the queue to sign on the dotted line. File next to: Fountains Of Wayne, Apples In Stereo, Neutral Milk Hotel, Strawberry Wine-era My Bloody Valentine."

The new album "I Was a King" features collaborations from Emil Nikolaisen (Serena Maneesh ), Sufjan Stevens, Daniel Smith (Danielson) and Gary Olson (Ladybug Transistor) . The album was recorded at Marlborough Farms (Brooklyn, NY) and mixed by Nick Terry (Primal Scream, The Libertines, Klaxons ).

No comments: